Advertisement

Broke Bitch at Christmas Time (Listener Letter)

Broke Bitch at Christmas Time (Listener Letter) "Hey Jesse & Jenna!

Huge fan of the show. I have a long commute to and from work and you guys keep my nerves at bay, so THANK YOU!

Here's the situation, I love the holidays but I also hate them with a passion because they are so damn expensive. Not only do you have to buy for your family, but there's always a Secret Santa exchange at work and of course, you can't forget your friends. One of my closest friends (over 20 years of friendship) has her life put together way more than I do. She's married, has a kid, just bought her second house...you get the picture. I love her to death but at Christmas she always buys me gifts and I go broke trying to return the favour. Not only does she make a good amount of money, but her husband does too, so it really doesn't make a dent in her bank account. I on the other hand am single, still renting a shitty one bedroom and make significantly less than her. I simply can't afford to be her friend at Christmas and I don't know what to do. How do I ask my best friend of over 20 years to stop buying me presents because I can't afford to buy her any? Should I just charge it to my card and go into more debt? I'm a little embarrassed by the fact I don't have much money so it's hard to just be honest. Do you have and advice, maybe some tactics that could help me out? Thanks Jesse and Jenna, and keep spreading holiday cheer.

xoxo Broke Bitch"

Letter)

Post a Comment

0 Comments