Advertisement

Expat: 8 Steps To Take When Considering Expatriation To A Foreign Country

Expat: 8 Steps To Take When Considering Expatriation To A Foreign Country Blog article to this video:

To Buy Gorilla Mind, go here:

The 4-Hour Workweek (by Tim Ferris):

Channel Content: ''Motivation/Your Mission''

Note: Please forgive the somewhat blurry picture on this one, camera messed up, whats most important here is the audio anyway (what I'm saying).

Content: ''A lot of men out there are considering the Expat life, location-independent entrepreneurship, and a transition to making their living all online.

You may have heard the term ”digital nomad” before, but that’s not really what I’m talking about here. (although following my advice in this article could preclude that too)

More specifically, I’m talking about expatriating.

What is expatriation? What does it mean? For the new guys: expatriation is the act of picking up your life and belongings, and moving to a different country to live and work.

Most of you know this term already though.

If you’re one of the men considering this lifestyle move, then today is your lucky day.

In this article, I’m going to give you THE top 8 iron-clad rules to follow and consider before you start to seriously contemplate expatriation.

This is a major life decision and is not one that should be taken lightly. Its also not something you should rush into, without thinking it through first.

I do commend you however, for having thoughts of doing this. This is not something the average person would ever even begin to consider for their lives.

Most people are sheep, most people live their lives in fear, never taking chances. They never venture past what is considered the ”safe” thing to do.

I could write a whole other article on this, but I think you know where I’m going with that.

Most people simply have no balls, are scared to death of taking risks. They’ll live out the remainder of their days, living lives of ”quiet desperation”. They’ll never reach their full potential, and never see all the sights and experiences the rest of the world has to offer.

Yes there is a BIG world out there.

And with the advent of the internet and technology,

It has never in history, been as easy to do something like expatriate to another country as it today.

Its never been as easy to live an expat lifestyle.

Of course, it isn’t for everyone, and that’s okay. Neither is this blog however (or my YouTube channel)

The Expat lifestyle, was largely made famous by the book ”The 4 Hour Workweek” by Tim Ferris back in 2007.

Don’t be fooled by the title: you cannot run a successful business working only 4 hours a week.

Hopefully, you know that already.

In the beginning actually: you’d better be prepared to work when you arrive there (15-16 hours a day ideally).

Despite the title, the book is incredible however. I’m sure if becoming an expat is something you’re considering, then chances are you’ve probably already read this book.

Expatriation is something I’ve been considering for myself, for the last 4 years now.

I’m 6 months away from this finally becoming a reality. The only reason however that it’s actually about to happen for me, was because I adhered to the items you are about to read on my list below.

When I first came up with the idea to do this, I was ecstatic, I couldn’t sleep at night.

However, I was very misinformed about the actual reality of what I was considering. There was a lot I was not yet taking into account, and a lot I was neglecting to consider. I soon realized that if I wanted to actually make this happen, I was going to have to get serious about certain things.

Important matters I needed to check off my to-do list.

Those items I came to realize, were as follows.

What To Do Before You Pack Up & Expatriate To Another Country:

1.) Pay off ALL your credit cards and personal loans.

2.) Get $15,000 Saved Up As An Emergency Fund.

3.) Make damn sure you are already earning money every day, off whatever business it is you are going over there to build. You need to ALREADY have money coming in.

4.) Being able to sell an asset, prior to leaving, that will give you additional money to live on would be ideal & could mean the difference between you expatriating, or not expatriating.

5.) Consider teaching English 2-3 days a week while you’re there, as an additional way to make money.

6.) Pick somewhere where the value of your currency or dollar, stretches 2-3X as far.

7.) Be willing to study and learn the local language, for several months prior to moving there.

8.) If women are one of the reasons you’re expatriating, then make sure you familiarize yourself with the culture & their women. Do diligent research, don’t assume you know anything...''

To read the rest of this article, go here:


Expat,Expatriation,Digital nomad,Location independent entrepreneur,moving abroad,living abroad,

Post a Comment

0 Comments