Advertisement

Z390 Computer Build Video (Viewer submitted)

Z390 Computer Build Video (Viewer submitted) Hi Carey,

You challenged me to make a video when I was going to build a new computer. So I took up the gauntlet and bought a (cheap) vlogging camera together with the computer parts and started to learn how to make a YouTube video at the same time as I started building. I had no experience whatsoever in this matter, but made over 3 hours of video and put it on my (also new) YouTube channel.

I tried to give tribute to your YouTube channel and put a link to your channel in the video comments. A complete hardware list added to the description of the “PC Building” playlist on my channel but listed them also at the bottom of this email. The last thing I recorded is the mounting of the badge “Inspired by Carey Holzman”. I hope I did you proud.

I have been building PC’s for myself and others in the past (since 1987) but probably not as many as you did, because I ended up in software development for the past 20 years. I just retired of my job as Team Manager Development of a department that produces software for healthcare institutions. My last working day for that was December 23 and the next day I started this build. (had the parts already order and shipped to my house).

This build is a tribute to your work, but also a memento to my mother who died this year. I thought her to use a computer (for gaming and emailing) when she was over 80 years old. She died at the age of 93 and left us (her 12 children) some money. So to have something physical to remember her by I bought the parts for this computer. Maybe a bit odd, but for me that makes sense, especially because I use it every day.

Finally, the computer works very good, very fast and whisper quiet. My intention is to use it for some software development, gaming and video editing for the upcoming at least 10 years. I put a link to the YouTube playlist below. The video and sound quality are not great and I found it hard to work and explain at the same time, so I appreciate the quality of your video’s even more now.

So, I ‘ll see you soon; bye for now…

Vriendelijke groet / best regards,
Ton van Baalen
Leersum, the Netherlands



Components used:
Gigabyte Aorus Z390 PRO WiFi motherboard, Gigabyte Aorus Geforce RTX 2070 graphics card, intel core i9 9900K processor, Scythe Mugen 5 Rev.B - Koeler, 64 Gb corsair vengeance memory, EVGA 850 GQ modular power supply, Samsung 970 EVO plus 2TB M.2 NVME drive and a Corsair Carbide 200R case.

Carey,Holzman,

Post a Comment

0 Comments