Advertisement

I got caught selling my family’s stuff as a teenager

I got caught selling my family’s stuff as a teenager Hi, I’m Janet, and this is how I got caught selling my family’s belongings as a teenager.
It all started when I was 14. I was at school talking to the other girls when one of them said her “boyfriend” wanted to start smoking but couldn’t get his hands on any cigarettes. Where others saw stupidity, I saw potential.
I told her “boyfriend” that if he could get the money I could get him the smokes. He agreed.
Then that day I snuck into my Dad’s jacket and grabbed some cigarettes, and sold them to the “boyfriend” the next day at 5 bucks per cigarette.
Next thing I knew, 3 more boys wanted to buy them. I was selling smokes that I stole from both parents to all of them. All the while, Mom and Dad never suspected a thing. They did, however,
become a lot more frustrated, to anyone’s surprise but my own.
I started buying myself some new clothes, new shirts, nothing too expensive. Yet.
Then I overheard the guys talking about video games they wanted. Playstation games that were too expensive for their parents to buy. So I chimed it. It just so happens that I have an older brother, who may or may not have said games. I told them I could probably sell 2 of his games without him getting suspicious.
Just like that, “Chrono Cross” and “R4: Ridge Racer” had new homes. And so did $30. My pockets were getting thicker by the day.
Now I was saving up for some new shoes and a Pandora charm. I figured next month I’d be able to surpass budget, as my brother’s birthday was coming up and he’d inevitably forget about some old stuff after it.
I also started selling some of my Mom’s old clothes, old high heels, old vintage t-shirts, and more.
It got so bad I almost sold a pair of my brother’s underwear to a girl in my class that had a crush on him. I mean, I did sell her a pair of underwear. But they weren’t my brothers, I got ‘em from a thrift store for 2 bucks, then told the girl they were my brother’s and made around 50 dollars.
Then I took a break from the stealing because my family members grew more and more open about their confusion. They installed security cameras. They thought some hooligans were sneaking in while everyone was away during the day. Little did they know, the hooligan was right under their noses. Probably looking for a valuable nose ring to flip.
Yup, I was the original Rick Harrison of Pawn Stars.
I also had spent so much money on new clothes, shoes, charms, and etc, that my family took notice. I had to keep coming up with new reasons for how I obtained all this stuff.
“Found it under my bed, a friend gave me it, won it at an arcade” anything to keep them at bay.
But my mom had 1 item I knew would sell well online. It was a vintage Winnie The Pooh sweater. Vintage items like these had been trending lately, inflating market value. I missed the thrill of stealing and selling. I had to get it.
So one night, I snuck over to our breaker and flipped the switch. I knew I’d have about 3 minutes before the backup power kicked in and turned the cameras back on, as it said so on the the box they came in.
In those 3 minutes, I went in Mom’s closet, snatched the sweater, hid it, then went to bed. Plus I did it very quickly, as the sweater was in front of all her other clothes in the closet.
The next day I posted it online with an address to meet at. Sure enough, it sold quick. In fact, it sold within the minute. I and the buyer had plans to meet at a café where they could pick it up.
I showed up at the café, the buyer did shortly after. And the buyer was someone I knew too well.
Mom sat down across from me. I was holding the sweater. My mouth became a desert.
“Hey sweetie!” she said, “What’s up?”
“Oh, just chillin’,” I said nervously.
“I bet.” She went on. “Why are you selling my stuff? I’ve never been hesitant to treat you, so can you please explain it to me?”
I didn’t say anything.
“My clothes, my shoes, my cigarettes, your dad’s cigarettes, your dad’s wedding ring…”
I didn’t sell the last one, but I still didn’t say anything.
“Janet? Why are you doing this?”
I got a bit teary, then broke down.
“I don’t know. It’s like a ride.” I said, admitting my guilt.
She patted my head, we went home.
After that, my parents made me sell all my new stuff and give the money to the rest of the family. I felt it was fair. They also offered me a solution money-wise. They offered to pay me to mow the lawn and mow the neighbours lawn, which I accepted. It turned out to be good for me, I recognized my wrongs and changed my ways.
Now, I work in the stock market, and basically, do what I did with Mom’s sweater for a living.
The only difference is I’m not stealing and putting personal relationships at risk. Also, I didn’t invest in the sweater in the first place, Mom did. Okay, so it’s not super the same. But nonetheless, I
don’t have a criminal record so that’s a Disney ending if I ever heard one!

life story,animation short film,animated channel,Real Life Talk,short animation,my story animated,animated short film,actually happened,stories,story,true stories,story animated,Teen Stories,short film,animated story,actually happened stories,animated stories,share my story,story time,steal,stealing,steal clothes,steal parents stuf,Got Arrested,I got caught,Hidden Camera Catches,kids caught stealing,hidden camera,got caught stealing,animation,

Post a Comment

0 Comments